Welcome to About Town Dog Studio
Our premier dog grooming and clipping salon has been established for 20 years, and is conveniently located on Portrush Road, Adelaide.
Our family friendly business has been working hard to pamper your four-legged friends, offering experienced and friendly groomers and staff.
We offer a range of services including bathing and clipping, as well as caring for dogs’ nails, ears and anal glands.
We pride ourselves on giving your dog the best possible grooming experience.
Dog Grooming in Wet Weather
Here at About Town Dog Studio we bath and rinse dogs in warm water using all hypoallergenic shampoos and dry dogs 100%. During the wet weather it is important to continue to get your dog groomed regularly; no matter the size, shape, hair type; for many reasons including:
1. Fungal infection The moisture in the air coupled with your dogs fur after being exposed to the rain can cause their skin to remain wet for a long time. This is an invitation to various fungal skin infections like ringworm, hot spots, as well as fungal hair infections etc.
2. Dandruff While dandruff can occur in any kind of weather, the humidity of the rainy season makes you more prone to it. A fungus called Malassezia is responsible for causing the itchiness in your scalp associated with dandruff. To keep it at bay, make sure you shampoo their hair regularly and refrain from letting their hair stay wet for a long time.
3. Frizziness and dullness Getting wet in the rain can rob their hair off its natural moisture, thereby making it frizzy dry and dull.
4. Brushing a Wet Coat When possible brush your dog’s hair before a bath, as water can make mats and knots even tighter. Many brushes can grab the wet hair and pull at the skin, causing discomfort or pain to your dog.
5. Coat Maintenance When you avoid a grooming session because you don’t want them to get cold, they can develop matting and become uncomfortable especially if they are used to regular maintenance. Their nails continue to grow longer, in most cases their coats grow thicker and they still require thinning to avoid hot spots, skin irritations and fungal infection.
We offer a range of grooming services from a full clip, or a wash and blow-dry or simply a quick nails clip! Give us a call today on 8379 6522 or use our online booking form.
Note: please select a date at least a week in advance to avoid disappointment!
Shih Tzu’s Puppies (no papers) for Sale
4 females, Black & White, Brown & White, Brindle.
SA buyers only
Please leave your details at front desk if interested or call 8379 6522
Follow us on Facebook!
Keep up-to-date with all the latest on our Facebook page!